The Ultimate Book Tag
I’d take a cue from fellow author and blogger Susanne Valenti and just take a tag from the universe. Feel free to do the same!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you?
Don Winslow’s. Have you read Savages and Kings of Cool? Those are soooo good. Here’s my favorite line from Savages:
We’ll lie on mats, make love, and eat the fish we catch. Like Savages. Beautiful, beautiful savages
Really cannot spoil you, but he writes like he’s doing a movie script, but it’s so easy to read. Just go and pick up one of his books for your benefit, please.
3. Harry Potter series or Twilight saga? Give 3 points to explain your answer
HARRY POTTER, no doubt.
- It just transports you into this ultimately different world that you surely would want to get lost in.
- THE GOLDEN TRIO + Dumbledore’s Army + Marauders
- All the backstories. Everything. Just everything.
And basically, Harry Potter saves me from complete insanity. 😛
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so what’s in it (besides books)?
Nope. I carry a big shoulder bag, though.
5. Do you smell your books?
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Right now? I really appreciate those with illustrations haha. This has got to do with my dwindling attention span but whatever. I appreciate nice fonts, chapter headings with illustrations, etc.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later is wasn’t quality writing?
Uhm, anything I enjoy is “quality” for me. I don’t believe in the “let’s stick to one style” or “this is the right style” bullcrap.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Err…the thought that I really could be a fairy princess? (yeah, I was obsessed with fairytales. Still am.) Oh, and doing the sunshine daisies butter mellow thing from Harry Potter. 😀
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
Those thin children’s books about kittens hehe
10. What’s the thickest book on your shelf?
Harry Potter + Guinness Book of World Records things
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as an author?
I do hope so. I mean, I write. I read much, too. And yeah well, I am an author now (wow still surreal to say that) but there’s still loads of room for improvement.
12. When did you get into reading?
Oh, when I was 2 or 3? I learned how to talk when I was 9 months old, then Idk, I’ve been reading my whole life lol.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
A little Princess and Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
14. In school, what was your best subject?
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
HAHAHA maybe give it away to someone else?
16. What is a lesser known series that you know that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Hmmm…The Secret Circle. I really enjoyed that! Also, Battle Royale--OH DAMN YOU HAVE TO READ THIS.
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
I used to be so lazy in formatting stuff ha-ha.
18. What is your favourite word?
Petrichor. Serene. Serenity.
19. Are you a nerd, dork or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I’d say I’m just very much a pop culture geek and fangirl.
20. Vampires of Fairies? Why?
Faeries, obviously! *see blog name* Why? Well, because “a faerie dies each time a child stops believing in them” so I still believe. They’re just magical and amazing and beautiful, sometimes dark, but whatever.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Did you know that my real full first name has something to do with angels? hahaha. But uhm, shapeshifters. It would be cool, I think.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves? Remus Lupin!!!! Also, spirits are kind of scary.
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
I’m probably one of the only people who is not so keen on zombies and zombie movies and shows. So, yeah, vampires. Why? They’re more romantic? Also, CARLISLE.
24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
Wow, both. Especially if they’re written well. Especially if it gives you feeeeeeels.
25. And finally: Full on romance or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
I’m not much of the action-packed romance girl, so full on romance. 🙂