Well…I really have no sugary words to cover this up with: I am depressed. My depression is taking over my brain right now, making me feel worse than I already do each day. Not the “blah it’s a sad day” kind, but the debilitating, my world feels like it’s falling apart no matter how I try to make myself happy kind.
The reason why I don’t often talk about this is because I get more messed up when I ask advice from people (and I am still not asking for any), and I’m better at dealing with my own mind on my own. Sometimes, though, I just want to chuck it out of the window.
I’ve come to accept that my depression is probably going to be with me forever—because it is a disease. It isn’t something that depressed people have invented to ask for pity or whatever, but it’s just what it is. When you’re depressed, no matter what you have, no matter how “good” your life is, you’re depressed. Medications help, but at the end of the day, you’re depressed—and you have to deal with it on your own. When you’re depressed, there’s this big dark cloud above your head, and it rains—and it rains, and it rains.
Some people say you have to think “positive”—but when your depression attacks and makes its way to the surface, and when you’ve had so many days of pretending you’re fine, you kind of become like a vessel that’s really close to overflowing—like you’re just going to explode. And you think of so many things all at once. With me, right now, it’s the following…
- Feeling so utterly tired with work but have no choice but to work because a 9 to 5 job just wouldn’t suit me (I’ve tried so MANY TIMES already. It never works) I do like what I’m doing…sometimes, I just don’t feel like it’s enough, or I’m enough, or that it matters.
- Wanting to move
- Publishing things—but not many people believing in you, and the people you wish would believe in you just don’t do as much (I’d probably cry if I elaborate ha-ha)
- Asking simple things and not being answered properly…or people being too tired of your questions, when it’s your first time to ask them(!)
- Being disappointed by some people
- Being disappointed by yourself
- Starting things, but being confused
- Feeling like the way you take care of your pets is not enough; why they sometimes get sick; why you had to lose so many before
- Feeling unheard
- Feeling like you’re too much—that you care too much, but when you try not to, you still do
- Missing home—but having no home to come back to
- Always feeling not good enough
- Wishing for this and that
Lalala the list goes on. I’m saying this not because I want people to pity me, but because seriously…my head just feels like it’s about to explode and my heart feels so heavy and I don’t know how to talk to people about these things anymore and it’s my blog lol so whatever.
I guess I’m just tired.
I know it’ll pass. It always does.
But right now, at this moment, I’m just…tired.